Friday, April 27, 2012

Thing 21-Wikis

Describe a wiki you found that inspires you to create one of your own. What hurdles might stand in the way of your using a wiki? What would it take to remove the hurdles? Is it worth the fight?

I personally enjoyed WikiHow.  I spent time looking at an article that people can edit and add upcoming art competitions.  This would be great for students.  I had a student the other day ask me if I knew of any art competitions that he could enter.  I had to tell him to Google it.  So this is a good find. 

As for creating my own, I guess having a place where students could upload their work to share with others would be interesting.  They could take a photo with their phone or camera, upload it, name it and describe the process.  Oh, wait someone has already done that :(  Students can share, sell, and buy student work on sites like Artsonia. It is already secure and protects their identity. As well as, raises money for the organization of their choice.  "Why reinvent the wheel."

The hurdles would be time and interest.  I don't feel compelled to make a Wiki.  I think that they are outdated. 

(Strange...I can't select and change my answer from italic to normal...Bug!)

No comments:

Post a Comment