Sunday, April 29, 2012

Thing 23-Reflect

Take a few moments to reflect on your journey. You've covered a lot of material over the past ten weeks. What does it all mean? How has your thinking changed between Thing 1 and Thing 23? Do you see the trends that Hargadon writes about in a different light than when you read about them in Thing 1? Has this program changed how you view the Internet or how you view education in the digital world? What plans have you made for using these tools in and out of the classroom? How will you continue to learn about Web 2.0 tools? What are your big "take aways" from this experience?

I wouldn't say that my thinking has changed from Thing 1 to Thing 23.  However, I have learned a thing or two about incorporating some of the tools I know into my classroom.  In my personal life, like many others, I use new technology on a daily basis.  However, as an artist I prefer the tactile nature of art.  I have never been keen on f computer aided animation processes, graphic arts, or design.  I find it difficult to incorporate technology into my classroom, because quite frankly, that area of art is not my area of expertise. 

I have always understood how the internet and technology are important in the education of this generation.  Hargadon is correct in stating that students won't learn until we bridge the gap between how they live and absorb the information we teach.  Though I know students need technology in the classroom, I also believe that the Fine Arts are of great use to them as well.  Technology can play a role in the Fine Art room in collaboration, presentation, and critique.  


I will always continue to search for new technology.  I enjoy keeping up the the technological world.  My classroom will stay traditional with a few updated technological tweeks.  I plan on using my blog to inform students of interesting information that coincides with our weekly lessons.  Flickr is good for an online portfolio of work.  It would be rewarding to see them take interest in art outside of the classroom.  The internet has endless possibilities for them to explore other artists' works.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing the 23 Things! I know you have been reluctant to carry on with a lot of what is being presented because of the artistic nature you have, but hopefully there will be something you can do with technology with regards to sharing your students' work or communication with parents. You've had some pretty good insights throughout this program and I know you will use technology to post pictures of your new baby when the time is right!! Congratulations again on that as well.

    ReplyDelete