Friday, April 27, 2012

Thing 22-Create a Wiki?????!!! Ugh!

In your blog post be sure to include the link to your wiki. Then discuss your feelings about using a wiki. How does a wiki differ from a blog? When is one more appropriate to use than the other?

I'll have to say before I even start that I am in no way shape or form interested in completing this task.  Up until now, I have enjoyed learning many new and useful tools, but this just is not one of them.  I wish right here and now that this was optional.

UPDATE:
https://ravensofthelostarts.wikispaces.com/space/content
I found creating this Wiki to be cumbersome and time consuming.  I did some work and it did not save properly, there was a lag (likely due to server problems), and I honestly felt like I was using a foriegn tool.    I do not see the difference between an blog and Wiki.  Blogger is much easier to use.  I understand that Blogger is meant to be used as a place where your daily thoughts are recorded on a particular subject, but they can be used as a tutorial space and a place of communication, colaboration, and social interaction.  When will I find the time to update a blog and a Wiki?  Blog wins.

1 comment:

  1. So tell me. How do you REALLY feel about wikis? But I have to agree that blogs are easier, but I see a different use for wikis. The only thing is that I also see Google Sites as a better option for wikis. Wikis will most likely be going the way of the 8-Track in the world of technology, but there will also be some limited applications. If a class is doing a cooperative project, a wiki could be used on a temporary basis to do some collaboration.

    ReplyDelete